About the Region 9 Economic Development District of Southwest Colorado
Region 9 Economic Development District of Southwest Colorado, Inc. is a non-profit, 501 (c)6 public/private partnership that promotes and coordinates economic development efforts throughout southwest Colorado.
Learn about small business development programs
Learn about business incentives such as:
- Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit which provides a state income tax credit to businesses undertaking job creation projects
- Strategic Fund Cash Incentive program supports and encourages new business development, business expansions and relocation that have generated new jobs throughout the state. In some cases, the Strategic Cash Fund may also be able to provide support for initiatives led by non-profit entities pertaining to key industries or regional development.
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credits which are state income tax credits that incentivize businesses to locate and develop in, and non-profit organizations to assist with the needs of these communities. Private-sector business activity encouraged by these income tax incentives brings job opportunities and capital investment to economically distressed areas. The private investment results in tax revenue for school districts, cities, counties and the state, outweighing the costs of the tax credits granted.
- Public Infrastructure Grants: Infrastructure Assistance program is designed to create new permanent jobs and retain existing jobs, primarily for low and moderate income persons. The state may be able to provide specific support to retain jobs or offers business-friendly tools that assist in retaining jobs (such as the Enterprise Zone Program) for this grant.
- Grant Writing Assistance: Region 9 will partner with governments and community groups that fit our mission to help them access federal and state grants for infrastructure improvements, and partner on projects that are of economic benefit to a community.
- And MORE!
Region 9 serves the counties of Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan, and the cities and towns within those regions, as well as the Southern Ute and the Ute Mountain Ute Indian Tribes. The Region 9 mission is to be a regional leader, working cooperatively with the private and public sectors to enhance the economic conditions in the area, and improve the region’s economic prosperity. Region 9 is an Equal Opportunity Lender and Employer! Check out more info here.